Friday, June 26, 2009

Moving House

They say it's one of the most stressful things to do - apart from losing a puppy in your back yard that you thought you'd made puppy proof - (don't worry - he turned up in next door's yard). We've just spent the last few days helping daughter and her boyfriend move from a smallish flat to a largish house. I'm still trying to figure out how 18 men's dress shirts and a huge pile of other stuff ended up on my - will you please iron these- list of things to do. What can I say - I'm a saint and sucker.
Apart from missing mobile phone chargers, absentee sunglasses, an argument over a raclette dish (who knew they were so big!)and improvised curtains made of cardboard boxes - all went relatively smoothly. EXCEPT - we arrived home to find son and girlfriend are also moving this weekend - back to our house. Their flat has been invaded by mice. So we have another removal job to do and I'll need to check every bag in case they bring any little critters with them otherwise I'll be moving too.

No comments: