Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pain


I am a fool.

I am deluded.

I am in pain.

When my son and his partner asked if I'd join them on a 10km run - the Guiseley Gallop - on Easter Sunday - I said yes.

And actually sounded enthusiastic!!! What an idiot.

I DO like running - on pavement in Florida in the early morning listening to Robbie Williams on my MP3 player.

I do not like running in mud, through forest, up hills, next to sewage treatment plants and on uneven ground.

But I did it. I walked up a couple of the hills but made it back in one hour fifteen. Not bad for a decrepit person of indeterminate age who hasn't run more than about four miles on Highway 27 in Clermont.

But am I paying for it. My running shoes were full of blood, I've no skin on either heel and the muscles in my calves and thighs - arrghghghghgh.

But I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeee.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Congratulations! I hope the little four legged guy didnt leave you completely in the dust. Now you're ready to swim the channel, hike some big fat mountain, get trapped in another glacier with the wrong footwear....

Barbara Elsborg said...

Oh yeah, my life is one big adventure! I can barely walk up an down the stairs.