Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Starting a new book

It's both exciting and worrying when I start writing a new book. I so wish I could plan the things out. In fact, I'm going to try and do that with this one just to see if I can. At least I've chosen the names for the main protagonists - Ally and Caspar. Quite often I can't get into the story until I've settled on the right name. Choosing the title would help too but that often eludes me until the final few chapters. Lucy in the Sky went through a number of variations before I settled on the one I'd first chosen. This new one is going under - Catch a Falling Star - at least for the time being. I'm not sure it's relevant enough yet and it struck me that it would have a been a great title for Strangers - probably better!! But in fixing the title, I also fix a theme and this new story is about the disgrace of the hero and how the heroine saves him. I think. Well, I'd better stop procrastinating and write the plan.
Where to start?

No comments: