Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Feel good books

How I love Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Let me count the ways.... lots and lots.
Because I'm spending far too much of my time sitting in hospital waiting rooms, I've daylight hours to spend on books. I'm rereading Susan Elizabeth. All of them. She has such a great sense of humor, makes her characters flawed and fascinating, her minor characters equally compelling and I find myself deep inside the world she creates within pages - if not in the first paragraph. She is one of a handful of authors that I would buy without reading the blurb, one of handful that will always have a place on my bookshelf, one that I can read over and over and love more every time. I think part of the appeal for me is that they are very American stories - even if the heroines are sometimes English. The guys are VERY American and I love them. I just finished Fancy Pants and I adore the ending. It's cute and neat and you know it will make everything right in the characters' world. I just wish she'd write faster!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

I suspect if you love this author so will I. Another on my must buy list.