Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why is life like this?

We have a leak. We HAD a leak. Husband has temporarily filled it but the roof will have to be re- whatevered. But the leak caused damage to the plaster and so it has to be painted. Whole room needs doing. Since you'll have white paint out - says slave driver - why don't you do bedroom as well? So that's another room stripped ready for paint. I usually strip to paint, funnily enough. In pants and bra I can throw away afterwards. A hot shower and I'm good as new. But moving bedroom furniture showed carpet in need of cleaning, so we have a guy coming to do that. While he's here, he might as well clean the carpet in the den which is in DIRE need of new life. Oh and while he's at it, there are marks in the hall from a workman who failed to remove his shoes. I fear this is the neverending story.....

3 comments:

Fred said...

You're gonna be working in your pants and a bra when they come to work on the room? I guess you could get some good rates that way.

Barbara Elsborg said...

I shall be demurely sitting fully clothed at my laptop. I've just painted the bedroom ceiling and also coated the water stains with some glutinuous yuk. That's me done for the day.... Oh and husband who gets paint all over him just by looking at it, walked into bedroom and touched the one place on the wall I'd accidentally painted. Typical.

Arlene said...

Ahh, you always come back to some sort of mess. Hope you're almost done and that problem leading to yet another problem gets a happy ending.