Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blogging

I've written a post for the Four Strong Women Blog and as usual - had about five comments - all from friends. Thank you friends! It does make me wonder whether blogging is worth the effort. I know some people will read and not comment - that's fine. I do the same but I wish there was a little box to tick to say 'I liked it'. Then at least I'd feel making the effort was worth it.
 I try hard to comment on other people's posts where I can because I know the whole marketing yourself isn't easy. Maybe I should just come out with it and say - well I'm actually an eight foot creature from the planet Zog, sent here to infiltrate your erotic romance community and report back to my superiors.  There - I'm out. I've done it. Now I have to think of something else to blog about.

http://fourstrongwomen.blogspot.co.uk/

I really have no idea what people want to read. If anyone would like to tell me I'd be very grateful
Sooooooooo

1. Info on my books and upcoming books
2. How I write
3. Random witterings that occur to me
4. Other writers guest blogging
5.Shall I just shut up?

9 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

I find the same thing, Barbara! But every once in a while, I have a new reader comment, and I think that makes it all worth it. :)

julaine said...

It would be really interesting to find out that you were an eight foot creature from Zog but then I would wonder how you got the English translation program to work so well and why you were so interested in manages when obviously you could make a killing in the aueospace tech industry. Oh well. I will just have to go back to waiting for your next book release.

julaine said...

Yikes, I hate it when goggle won't let me edit my comments. I meant menages not manages. Thanks, editor for trying to clean up my comments. I also meant aerospace industry. I have no idea where the u came from. I leave on the western side of the Atlantic pond so it shouldn't be throwing extra u's in words with abandon.

M Joseph Murphy said...

Most people who visit a blog are unlikely to leave a post. Just as most fans don't bother to write a fan letter.

I've been reading your blog for awhile now but never posted a comment before. It may feel like you are talking to the wind but people are listening.

Barbara Elsborg said...

Thanks, Jessica!!
LOL Julaine - been there, done that! And I am really from Zog but don't tell anyone.
And thank you, Joseph, that's very reassuring! I shall keep on blathering!

Arlene said...

I suspect, and I have much envidence to support this, that a ton of fingerless Zags read your blog. Please dont ever stop blithering. You may cause social unrest on an unheard of level in all the universes.

Fred said...

I always took blogging to be more of a diary, rather than something one does for the readers. I figure the readers would be happier with a new book, than 40 blog posts.

Anyway, do the females on your planets have boobs, and are they proportional? I mean, an 8' creature's gotta have big ones, right?

Barbara Elsborg said...

Thanks, Arlene!
And yes, Fred. Take that any way you want!

shadow said...

Hi Barbara,
I am a huge huge fan of all your books...I especially like the Wodehouse like feel, love the paranormal stories too. Then again Lucy is one of my favorite books of all time. I love love your sweet heroines like Lucy and Suzie and Three was just adorable. I think you are the best writer writing threesomes out there. Thanks for writing, I love your soaring imagination and can't wait for more!
s