Twenty things about me
1. A blonde, but after having spotted one grey hair - I now dye my locks with mixed results. I know I should read the packet but hey, what can go wrong? My nicknames – badger, skunk (purely the look!!), snowball and pinkie. Yes, that time it really did go wrong.
2. I live in the largest county in England and as I write I have a great view of rolling moorland and sheep and a former lunatic asylum and sheep and an almost view of the American listening station at Menwith Hill and sheep. I love sheep. Well, not love them. You know what I mean.
3. Writing. I really do love that. I started by making up episodes of TV series with me as the heroine. You name it, I’ve been in it. I’ve several completed novels, a few shorts, a handful of novellas and slots of erotic tales. My range is from paranormal to suspense to contemporary to erotica but everything I write has a touch of romance and humor. Well, I think I’m funny. My family laugh at me all the time.
4. Success. $5 for a horror story and then – wait for it – drum roll – Ellora’s Cave said yes. I said I’d think about it. Two seconds later, I’d signed. I’m going to be famous! I’m going to sit back and wait for the millions to roll in! Ahh, I’m going to be waiting a long time.
5. Former life – a sad cautionary tale. Started off as a government inspector – spying on people trying to cheat on their taxes. A short period as a media planner in an advertising agency. I fled that at dead of night. Several years selling cyanide – mainly to Sweden for the largest chemical company in the UK. Grand title of export manager. There was just me in the department. Had kids. Ughghghg. Then went to work as Government Inspector, spying on teachers. I was so popular, you can’t believe. Thank goodness I married well. (Married for money anyway)
6. No I didn’t, dear. Husband is financial whiz. Met at university when he was bringing a sack of potatoes to my flat mate. Romance is his middle name. Gifts to me include – supermarket vouchers, hedge trimmer and a hammer drill. He spent most of his life in the aerospace industry making missiles but now works for a green energy company. He’s atoning for his sins.
7. Two children. Daughter a lawyer. Son about to need her services. Enough said.
8. TV – never watch it, I can’t work the remote. Music – rarely listen to it but I like Robbie Williams. Films – can’t be bothered unless they are really good or feature naked hunks.
9. Books – I ADORE. I read at least one a day. I have thousands as I can’t stand to part with them. I read at lightning speed. 70 pages in 20 minutes. That’s fast? Right?
10. What do I do all day? Write. All day if I can. It’s my world and I love it. Start at 8.00 and finish late. Interspersed with journeys on the internet and satisfying needs of husband. No, not those sorts of needs. Really!! I was thinking of making coffee.
11. Worried about – possible visit from FBI. Research for one of my thrillers did involve some investigation into how a fetus would decay under a boat shed. Research into plastic handcuffs brought a deluge of porn. Well, that was my excuse and I’m sticking to it.
12. I’m very tall. 5’10 and a bit. I used to be very self-conscious about my height. Now I don’t care. I’m far more worried about other bits of me.
13. I won the prize at school for ‘Good Conduct and Example’ It was the worst day of my life. Well, one of them.
14. I drive a BMW Z4 convertible – lovely. Of course we can only put the roof down twice a year. This is England!
15. I am incapable of telling right from left at crucial moments. Won’t be flying jets anytime soon.
16. I love skiing, tennis and swimming. Though it’s hard to do them at the same time.
I’m struggling now. I’m really not interesting.
17. Ohh, I used to write travel articles for the largest regional newspaper in the UK.
18. I don’t have any pets. I HATE hamsters. I know they’re cute but it hurts when they bite.
19. I was once kicked by a giraffe. That hurts too.
20. I was the only one in my class to fail my cycling proficiency test.
Phew, made it.