Wednesday, April 18, 2012

London Book Fair

I know it's a minor thing, something that comes naturally to most people, but not to me. I'm not sociable. I'm not a sociopath or any other sort of path - mostly - but I tend to clam up in company. Well, I didn't on Monday. I was at the London Book Fair and I talked to people all day! I spoke to book buyers from South Africa, Denmark, Germany, China....I talked until I forgot I didn't like being sociable. I told them about the publisher's stand I was lurking on, about my books and what they were like. I handed out freebies and smiled and said 'you're welcome' and you know what - I enjoyed it! I had some great company, editors and other writers, two lovely lasses from Ireland, would-be writers and all in all it was a foot achingly, back achingly, brilliant day.

3 comments:

Fred said...

Did they let you drink? I'm anti-social until I get a couple in me. Then watch out.

I'd love to go to a book fair. I gotta look it up and see when the next sci-fi gathering is in my neck of the woods. I'd like to go, just to feel a part of the writing community.

Barbara Elsborg said...

I go to sleep when I drink - that's no good at all!

D L Jackson said...

Lol.
Glad to hear you had fun.