Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Keeping cool


I envy my little grandson Jackson, sitting in his paddling pool. I complain when it's cold and now I'm complaining because it's too hot. But the truth is, I write better in the cold. I've been going over an oldish story - trying to twist the hero and the anti hero - and I'm not sure it works yet. I need more from my heroine's point of view. Why choose one guy over another? They're both shits to her. She really shouldn't pick either but I'm a writer of romance - I have to let this book have a happy ending, even if it's a suspense story and not a true romance. But how? Well, I'll sleep on it. See if something occurs to me overnight. I actually think it's harder to rejig something you've already written than write new. But I don't want to let this story go because I've put so much effort into it. Sadly, it's going to be hot again tomorrow. So another bad day for writing but a good day for the paddling pool.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Ahh, Jackson is so adorable. Love his smile.
And yes, I'm confident you'll make the story rock with the best damaged guy getting the happy ending.

Barbara Elsborg said...

Thanks, Arlene!!