Saturday, February 25, 2012

I begin again


Off with the old, on with the new. I've set aside my - untitled - finished masterpiece (I have to brag - no one else will) and have started another MM story - despite the brickbats for the first. Well, some readers loved it. This one - also untitled - has a real solemn feel to it. Not the light-hearted stuff I usually produce. It's definitely going to be romantic suspense - I suppose a little like Cowboys Down - in that there will be villains and violence and voracious sex. I've written the first chapter and unusually for me - I'm actually happy with it. I've lost count of the number of times I write the first chapter and then it ends up as chapter 2 or 3 but this time, it feels right. I've nicked one of Arlene's names for one guy - Logan - and the other is Zak - which is a bit of a risk since I used Zach in 'Snow Play' but I'm hoping readers won't notice. So ignore this post....

The picture is the setting for the first scene in the book. It happens to be the church where my daughter got married. Chilham is a gorgeous village in Kent. Very old!!

1 comment:

Fred said...

What a fucking awsome setting! It looks like it's part castle, part medievil church. And the color of the stone! I love your dark stuff. Hope I get to read it.